Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Psalms 30:5

The days went by in a blur.  Dennis had a trachea put in when it became apparent he was not going to breathe on his own.  He wanted me to play the CD player we had there for the other patients so they could hear the Christian music we had.  He was in so much pain, but  most of all he just wanted to go home, go back to work and everything be ok.  My heart broke for him and what he was going to have to face and I started having doubts that God even knew we were there.  But it seemed like every time the doubts would sweep in, one of my friends or just some random person would come and say exactly the right thing or phone me the exact right scripture and God would give me the strength to pull myself up and start again.  I read a scripture during those long evenings and it became my favorite verse to go back to.  It’s Psalms 30:5 “For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”  Every night I would read that scripture and somehow found the strength through His Word to start again the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment