Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Total Denial

We had the E.R doctor come and talk to Max and I and then Max asked to pray with him.   I finally got to go back to where they had put Dennis but I don’t think he knew I was there.  He had no feeling in his legs and I remember thinking its ok, God will fix this.   My friend Jana, Max and Mike Ewing stayed the night in the trauma waiting room and the next day I had reality staring me in the face and I went in to complete denial.   I’m talking about the "sticking your head in the sand" kind of denial.  My fairy tale life was awesome and surely God would not allow such calamity to come in to our lives.  This man was a true servant of God and loved Him with all his heart.  This could not happen to us.  I liked living in denial….

1 comment:

  1. I remember this time Cheri, it is hard to see someone you care about and love so much hurting so deep and not know what to say or do to help. I remember wondering if you were in denial or if I didn't have the faith you did. Such a hard time for you. It still hurts to read about your feelings during such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete