Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Visit to Home

The lessons we learned at the facility called Select Specialty Hospital are ones we will forever take with us and not in a good way.  It was a glorified nursing home and not even a good one at that.  They came around for physical therapy and that was sitting him up in bed for 10 minutes.  If Dennis did not want to they could not stay.  The next thing I should bring up is that Dennis was drugged out of his mind and the only thing he remembers from Select is cartoon dreams.  If it wasn’t for my good friends like Debbie Carlisle and others that came so often to sit with me, I think I may have gone mad.  This was the point I began to have some serious conversations with God about His plan. His plan wasn’t making much sense to me and I felt very deserted.   I got to finally go home one day and when I walked in my house I broke down.  Everything was exactly the same as the day I left just a little dustier.  It was surreal to walk into a place you were so happy at the time you left and have your life in so much chaos when you come back.  I did some laundry and my daughter and I got our pajamas on and watched one of our favorite movies, “To Sir with Love”.  The next day I ran errands and went to the bank to see everyone, which is very hard when all you do is cry.  But it was so much harder than I had anticipated.  People don’t know what to say and the first sign of sympathy I break down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment