Friday, June 24, 2011

Best Friends


October…..

I had mentioned earlier that at this time I had 3 best friends, Cathy, Debbie and Jana.  Cathy had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer about a year and a half before Dennis’s accident.  It was probably up until that time one of the most devastating moments of our life.  She had never smoked, her parents hadn’t smoked and by the time they caught it she was at stage 4.  I will always regret not being able to spend more time with her during her last days.  At the end of October she went to sing in the choir in heaven or, knowing Cathy, being in charge of the choir!  My emotions were so raw after going through Dennis’s ordeal and now Cathy I couldn’t hardly get a grip.  While my daughter and I sat in Cathy’s funeral I thought, “why God?  I do not understand any of this.”  I have a lot of questions when I get to heaven, but I know that when I get there we will be reunited with our loved ones and our questions will all melt away.  Can’t wait…..


No comments:

Post a Comment