Saturday, June 4, 2011

Car Show

They were having the car show in Fairview and that has always been one of Dennis’s favorite events.  He would get our little Honda 50 and enter it in the burn out competition!  As I was reading about it in the Fairview paper I wanted to cry out.  Why is the earth still turning?  Why are people still going on with their daily lives?  Why isn’t everything and everybody as affected as we are?  But of course, I knew the answer because life does go on and the world still turns and people continue their daily lives just as we had before the accident.  I think when you go through something like this you become a whole lot more in tune to what other people are going through.  As things were winding down at TIRR, Dennis and I had a long talk about how hard it was going to be for him to go home.  We talked about seeing people for the first time and how they were going to react to him.  We knew people would treat him differently and we were trying to prepare ourselves for what was to come.   It was going to be hard not getting to go to work and having to watch me to go work every day.  There were a lot of things to talk about and we both cried and cried, but the bottom line was I didn’t care how much of a hardship it was going to be as long as Dennis was still here with me. I couldn’t imagine my best friend not being at my side every day.  1 Peter 5:7 talks about casting your care and that was what we were going to do.  We know it’s going to be hard but we have each other and God will direct our paths.

1 comment:

  1. I SO can relate to some of your feelings you talk about even though our situations are so different. Thanks again for sharing your story! ~Marshalene

    ReplyDelete