Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The big 5-0



I turned the big 5-0 this same month.  When I was in my 20’s I always thought of 50 as old.  Now I was beginning to think of 50 as middle aged.  I had a birthday dinner at Debbie and Max’s and their daughter Haley made me the BEST birthday cake.  When I got home that night I was reflecting on what I had always thought it would be like when I turned 50.  Traveling, being the “cool” grandma, thinking about when I wasn’t going to have to work anymore.  It made me sad to think that I was giving up that dream but at the same time I was still so thankful to have my life partner beside me that some things seem trivial in the big scheme of things.  Still, you always wonder why?  We know we can’t always have the answer to a lot of our questions but it is still there lurking in the back of your head.  I’m sure there are many people in the world that ask that same question.

No comments:

Post a Comment