Sunday, July 24, 2011

Honey Creek :)










I can’t begin to tell you the flood of emotions that come over Dennis and I when we topped the hill and saw sailboat bridge.  I almost started crying but I knew I had to hold it together for Dennis.  This was going to be tough on one hand and awesome on another.  Yes, we were back at the place we love most, but he wouldn’t be jumping on the jet ski and going up Honey Creek.  He wouldn’t be going out at 6:00 in the morning to barefoot or just go out and drink his coffee with the ducks. It was going to be an emotional homecoming and once again I knew I had to hold it together.  I think that is the hardest thing in being a caregiver, because you have these same emotions but you have to be strong for your loved one.  My heart was breaking because I wanted him to go jump on the jet ski.  But, we were taking baby steps and we had to put one foot in front of the other. 
We couldn’t have asked for a better weather, Thank you God!  One day we got Dennis on a pontoon boat so he could get on the water.  We have some amazing, patient friends.  The next day we pulled the swimming dock over and got Dennis on the big dock.  It was a great vacation and we couldn’t have done it without the help and love from our friends.  Our daughter Whitney and her friend Nick got to come for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment