Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Mom


My Mom

My mom was a single mom back in the 60’s when it was hard for a woman to raise two kids.  She did have family help but it was still tough for her. 


She married my dad and we moved to Aline, Ok and she helped raise his 4 children on a dairy farm.  She went from cooking for 3 to cooking for 8.  When Dennis and I had to move to Houston I asked her what she thought about us building on to our house and her and daddy moving in because quite frankly I was scared that I wouldn’t be able to care for Dennis or that something would go wrong.  She never hesitated one second and she put her house up for sale immediately.  The people that were renovating on our house started in on my garage.  Kaiser Webb bought my mom’s house and my dad and mom moved in with us.  I leaned heavily on my mom during my 60 days in Houston.  Every night after the end of  what seemed like an endless day, I would go out in the court yard and sit and sob and let my mom tell me that everything was going to be OK and that we were going to take one day at a time.  I always believed her and would go back in and face the next day.  She always knew exactly what I needed to hear and somehow she always made me feel better.  I feel so blessed to have had my daddy here in my house for what would be the last three years of his life and my mom is the one constant stable thing in my life.  She is here 24/7 to fix our meals, help get Dennis up in the morning, always stays here with him if I need a break and has never once has complained.  The other day my daughter told me she didn’t know what she would do without me and I told her I feel the same way about my mom. I hope I am half the mom she is. 

1 comment: