Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our Prayer Group

I have a journal that I kept when a group of ladies and I met once a week for prayer.  We would get together and pray for various people that we knew or didn't know.  Each of us would go around and lead prayer for one or two of the people and although my little group doesn't meet anymore I try to keep a journal of people that need prayer so Dennis and I can at least pray.  I miss those ladies and the time we had dedicated to praying and just being together.  I was looking back at my list and many of those people that we were praying for have made their new home in heaven and many had made recoveries and some of us are still in the midst of our trial.  I always wonder why some go on to be with God, some don't and some circumstances stay the same.  What is the determining factor?  Is it fair?  I had the same questions when Dennis had his accidnet.  Why? Why God, why him?  He is a man of God, faithful to you.  I know I am not the only one with questions of this sort and I do know that God did not put this on Dennis, but it doesn't stop the wondering.  The one thing I am sure of is that God tells us to pray without ceasing and to keep our eyes focused on Him.  The reward of heaven and seeing our loved ones again is to great to give up on and He will be with us through it all.

1 comment: