Friday, August 19, 2011

Smith Wigglesworth


Smith Wigglesworth was a Christian man who was a preacher, evangelist, and writer in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.  He was raised in the Methodist faith but began to teach in the Assembly of God church later.  He was documented doing many miracles and he was a man of great faith.  I read a couple of his books while Dennis was in the hospital and he had a saying that stuck with me to this day.  He said “I am not moved by what I see.  I am not moved by what I feel.  I am moved by what I believe.”  When we were going through the biggest trial of our lives, I had to keep the Word of God in front of me at all times or I knew I would begin to crumble with all the emotions that are going through your mind.  That is the only thing that kept me sane, God’s word…truth…promises.  It is the only thing that keeps me going today.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cherri and Dennis--Loved your last couple posts--Myself I have had moments when I thought I would "crumble" but like you, I felt the Almighty kept me sane..Talk to you soon---Time Traveler (Jim)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smith Wigglesworth was/is certainly an inspiration. Recently had someone at church who brought S.W.'s Bible along and interesting to see all his notes.

    ReplyDelete