Monday, August 1, 2011

Waiting for the new wheelchair


Dennis had been measured for a new wheelchair that had all the bells and whistles on it.  We had to get it approved through Medicare and that seemed like it took forever.  During our wait we had some hitches and it always seemed to me when things were going smoothly something had to happen to stir it up.  I had started having bad headaches for about 6 months and as a lot of caregivers do, you just deal with it.  I am always worried about sick leave at my place of employment because when Dennis had his accident I used 26 years of sick leave that I had built up.  So I didn’t want to use the leave on me when I knew I would have to have it for him.  One morning I had a really bad headache when something just told me to check my blood pressure and sure enough it was way too high.  I monitored it for a week and went to the doctor who put me on medication.  It made such a difference and I felt better than I had in a long time.  Lesson learned……

No comments:

Post a Comment