Monday, September 5, 2011

End of A Long Hot Summer!



I usually am a little melancholy when I know summer is winding down.  It means the end of gardening, sitting outside in the evening  and going to the pool on Sundays with friends, and it means cold weather is on the way.  This year, however,  is another story.  We have had the hottest summer on record and I am ready to move on to the next season.  Two days ago the temperature was 105 and yesterday it was 80.  I love the 80's!!  I can already see the changes in people and animals alike. 



Our swimming pool was a buzz with activity two days ago and now it is empty.  My dogs are actually outside.  My dog Toby wants to live next door at Sandy and Jason's house so he just sits there all day. 





Deacon who is the master of the house is black and he is very glad we have cooler weather.
 


But best of all Dennis, who has been inside all summer because it has been to hot,  got to be outdoors most of the afternoon and bask in the much cooler sunshine. 



I just hope we get to enjoy this weather awhile, and then have a long fall and not hop right in to winter!

2 comments:

  1. Cheri,
    I thank you for your visit and comment on my blog today. I see you are having cooler weather in OK, wish we were! We've had some rain from Lee in the GUlf and it was much needed. This week we'll have cooler temps but won't be lulled into thinking it will last! HA

    Blessings to you and your husband.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have had it hot and no wonder you are welcoming the cooler weather this year. For us it has been the wettest for 15 years and cool too.

    ReplyDelete