Friday, September 16, 2011

Going to the Chapel!

Dennis and I get to go to a wedding tomorrow of a girl, woman we have known for 30 years.  We both love her like a daughter and have prayed for her for her entire life.  We are beyond happy to see one of those prayers coming to a reality tomorrow.  She has found her "Mr. Right" and he had better treat her like the princess we know she is.  As they say their vows tomorrow I always wonder if people realize the "for better or worse" part and the "in sickness and in health" part of the vow.  I think most of the time couples don't have a clue, I know I didn't give it a thought at the time.  But you have to take the vows you say before God very seriously and there will be better times and worse times, and there will be health and there will be sickness.  You don't get to have an "out" if your spouse gets Alzheimer's or gets cancer or has a motorcycle accident.  There are no do-overs because your life has gotten a little inconvenient.  You are now one flesh in God's eyes and you have promised to love and cherish those people.  Our biggest prayer for Haley and Blake is 3 John 1:2  Beloved I pray that in all things thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 

1 comment:

  1. I think we all think that life is going to be always rosy when we start out. Probably just as well as for many it would be too much to take to know in advance. I believe that God gives us what we need to get through when we need it and not before.

    ReplyDelete