Saturday, January 21, 2012

Death


My Uncle Albert passed away this this week and as a caregiver I try not to think of death and dying but it seems like it is always lurking in the back of my mind. I always think of 2 Corinthians 10:5 which says, “casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ”. It is telling me to get a hold of my thoughts and think on the good things, the things of Christ, so I try not to dwell on the subject. It’s hard, period. My husband always quotes Matthew 6:34, “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. So as we breeze (and I say breeze with a bit of sarcasm) through this life we have to take one day at a time and get as much out of that day as we can. Be joyful that we are together for that day and not to think on the next day. I was looking around at my family at the funeral and I thought where did my huge family go? We used to be so big and there were so many of us. Well, they are gone and I have suddenly turned into my mom! When did that happen??? So, I am making a pack to enjoy the rest of our time that Dennis and I have together and try not to worry about what the future holds because I know who holds my future.




3 comments:

  1. I am sorry for the loss of your Uncle Albert.
    I think the verse Dennis quotes makes so much sense. Sometimes it is difficult not to dwell on tomorrow, but when we do, we often tie ourselves in knots by imagining so many things that might never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my biggest weakness...worrying about tomorrow. Satans knows it too and he uses it to get my faith to falter! I'm with you Cheri, I resolve to live for today and know that God is in control! We'll help each other with that:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your Uncles passing Cheri, thank you for sharing that wonderful photo of your uncle and the gorgeous family photo.

    ReplyDelete