Thursday, February 2, 2012

This and That

My husband spoke today at the Fairview High School's FCA group today.  For those of you that live out of the country that is the Fellowship of Christan Athletes.  Dennis did not appear to be nervous but I am always a bundle of nerves when he speaks somewhere.  You never know how people are going to react to his disability and a lot of times it makes people very nervous.   I tend to get over sensitive about how people react to him even though we have had lots of practice.  The very first time we went Christmas shopping we saw a friend from our town and his reaction was, " They let you come out Christmas shopping??"  I responded with, " Yes, we let him out once in awhile."  Dennis enjoys getting out and speaking about what happened to him and his journey of faith.  He feels like this is what God has called him to do at this particular point in his life. 

Now on a completely different note, I have been pestering coaxing one of my best friends, Jana, to start a blog.  Jana lives out in the country and she is one of the best cooks, one of the craftiest people I know, plus she takes a pretty good picture.  Well, she has finally started one and I know it's going to be an awesome blog. Please stop in for a visit.  The address is:
www.countryis.blogspot.com

Oh yeah, this is a picture of her!! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comments, but as for the picture.....Well I was going to put it on my blog because my daughter says I need to add one of myself and this is as good as any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments, but as for the picture....Well I was going to put it on my blog because my daughter says I need to add one of myself and this is as good as any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went over and visited Jana. Well with that pic, I just had to!
    It is strange how some people react to disability, it seems to make them say the silliest things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose from Oz - Rose says: After my complete shut down of my FB and my Blog, I am just thankful I am still online and can follow my fav Blogs, unfortunately I couldn't comment to Jana as there is no anonymous selection. I will keep following you both and hopefully I'll be back blogging within a few months. Happy blogging and stay happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another hard aspect of your life - how people react. Your graciousness shines through. It is a fact of life that people not used to be around disability can be quite frightened which leads to all kinds of comments because they are also afraid to admit it.

    ReplyDelete