Monday, March 19, 2012

Paris



If you look at my blog list, I follow a lot of blogs that are in Paris.  I got to visit there once and the city is now an obsession of mine .  I did not get to stay long enough and we had to hurriedly hit the high points of interest and also be very selective about how long we stayed at one place or another.  One evening we had went to the top of the Eiffel Tower and we came down at dusk and then we went to Montmartre.
 This was one of  the most magical nights of my life.  We went to Place du Tertre, where all the artists gather to sell the paintings or draw caricatures. My daughter and I bought a painting each to bring home, but it took us forever to decide on the one we wanted because they are all so beautiful and different.  The square is so full of energy and the excitement and it is a night I will never forget.  This picture was a dear friend of mine, Cathy and I sitting on the steps of the Sacre' Couer watching the flame throwers and looking at the Eiffel Tower twinkling in the distance.  Great memories....

8 comments:

  1. Cheri, I knew you loved Paris and I had read previously that you had been there - HOW EXCITING!! It's on my list of things to do before I die. You simply MUST do a Part 2 and show some more photos...... ;) please...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Company is based in Paris, so i am lucky in that I travel there quite a lot. Its a great city, and so many people like Yourselves fall in love with it, and you can see why. If it wasn't for the Airport and the French, it would be perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, I will post some more photos but when I went to Paris it was before I knew what a good camera was so the photos aren't very good. P, how lucky you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri the next time we need to go together, I am jealous and really want to go.......even once would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go too!!!! - Michell Eischen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories! The photo of La Basilique du Sacré Coeur is so beautiful. I know the feeling of being obsessed with Paris. I've been there several times and each time I love it more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete