Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter

It's Easter and it always surprises me how many people come to church on that day.  The Easter and Christmas crowd.  Why is it we think we have to come to church on those two days?  I think it is mostly tradition,  but I also think Jesus wants us to be like him everyday so why are the churches crowded on Easter and Christmas and not so much the other Sundays of the  year?  I'm not one who thinks you have to go to church to be a Christian, but I do believe that God wants us to have fellowship one with another.  My church family have been very good to Dennis and I and it is nice to know that they are there for us if we need someone.  When we came home from spending 5 months in the hospital, we didn't have to make a meal for a month.  If I need something done around my yard or home, someone from the church or one of our friends are always here ready to help.  We are very thankful that God blesses us through those people.

 I took a couple of photos of my church when I was taking a class but I wish I would have gotten the stained glass at the end of the row because it is gorgeous.  It is Jesus knocking on a door.
I also took a picture of our cross in 3 different settings and I liked this one the best.
Luke 24:6
He is not here, but is risen!   
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
                                                               
                                                           Have a Blessed Easter !!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, it tends to be standing room only at our church at Christmas and Easter.
    Have a Happy Easter Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cross picture...simple and beautiful. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri wonderful photos, and a poignant and beautiful Easter message there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: silly me - adore the new header photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Rose, I think the yellow canola is so pretty this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the message, love the pictures, REALLY love the author!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheri, CANOLA was what I was trying to bring to mind (had a mind blank) the landscaped used to be covered in it down in Tas and it is just beautiful I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite day of the year!!

    ReplyDelete