Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Being a Caregiver


     Being a caregiver isn't just giving the medicine, dressing the wounds, help at getting dressed or eating, it's a lot more than people realize.  It's having to lift a person up when they have their moment of self pity ( and they all deserve that moment).  It's trying to make them realize that they are here for a reason if only to support the person they love, then so be it.  I assure you the caregiver is glad they are still here for them to get advice from and help make decisions with.  It's also to help them in their walk and ministry with God.  God puts the two of you together for a reason and it is to complete each other.

AND being a caregiver also means you have to do this sometimes.  I was very proud of myself although the dog ears were not as deep as they were suppose to be. 


But then I got to the next to the last board and this happened.  One board was slightly taller than the other.


DRAT!!!  Luckily my handy father-in-law fixed this and the dog ears before I got home for lunch the next day.  I learned a very valuable lesson.  Check the boards before driving away and  measure the dog ears.  I'm getting smarter every day!

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your carpentry skills, it is far better than if I had attempted it....hey at least it kept the dogs in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need a pat on the back, Cheri! Bob & I are working on putting up a little 4 ft. windbreak fence for my flowerbed, and you should have seen the two of us trying to figure out the angle of slope of the yard and how long to cut the boards from one end of the fence to the other. Thank goodness, son, Scott, came to the rescue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on the fence. I kind of like the tall one, it has it's own personality, but nice it was fixed for you too! Thanks for visiting my blog and I am glad you got to go to Holland and see the tulip fields. God Bless you, reading through some of your posts you are a strong woman and I am very sure your husband appreciates you more than you know. Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on fixing a fence, that's not something I like doing. And even more, congratulations to your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. caregivers face tough questions our free TALK WITH THE LORD program inspires daily talks catch they need your help with first question our blog helps g hubbard po box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talkwiththelord.blogspoot.com/

    ReplyDelete