Thursday, May 24, 2012

We are being overtaken!

If you have read my blog before you know how Dennis and I love watching the squirrels frolick in my backyard.  We have had two seasons of babies and they were precious.  But now we seem to have been overtaken.  They are everywhere!  Mommas, babies, and strays.  Are neighbor across the street had his tree die this year and we think they have come to our yard.  Here is where I keep the squirrel food and I'm not the one who did this...
They have learned where the food is kept.  Then they gorge themselves.


 They get their drinks from the bird bath!
And when they have eaten all they can hold they do this.....
Then they start over with the playing and teasing the dogs. 

This goes on all day.  The really good thing that comes from this is my dogs sleep really good at night!

8 comments:

  1. I love them and wish I could have some...Love their house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the squirrel photos! Reminds me of my Dad and his love he had for squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are obviously living the good life at your house. That squirrel who has eaten all he can looks totally chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat!! We have only ever seen one at our house! I always keep my eye out for squirrels when I drive down your street. Don't want to hurt one of those little creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That one squirrel is my hero! I have often found myself in the same position after gorging myself!! PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely photo no. 5 is totally precious. What a capture!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are determined and cheeky animals. If they can they eat all our bird food so we do not encourage them. fun post though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I am sure you are enjoying this precious little guys. Thank you for sharing. I love animals.

    ReplyDelete