Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Aline, Ok...my hometown (cont)

When I was little and lived in Oklahoma City we went to a certain denomination of church.  When we moved to Aline, there are two churches Methodist and Christian Church.  We tossed a coin and picked the Methodist church.  I am a firm believer that God does not care what denomintaion you are for we will not be split into groups in heaven.  Every denomination is made of man- made doctrine with their interpretation of what they believe the written Word of God says.  I do believe that you have to believe in Jesus Christ, His son.  Now having said that, I do not condemn anyone who believes otherwise, that is your choice and that is between you and God.  I'm hopping of  the soap box now!
I was married in the Methodist Church 32 years ago!  I was 12...
Most of the buildings are abandoned now but I love the history here.

 And, if you get lost ;) the street signs will let you know where you are.  5th and Broadway!!
There's more....for next time!!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely, it doesn't matter what denomination anyone is. It's just a pity that the different groups find it necessary to fight so much!
    I like the paintings on the garage windows. It is a shame the old buildings are standing empty though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is if you were 12 when you got married then the Aline school system need new math teachers.....'cause you suck at math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a nice town. LOL at the last comment :)

    Thanks for your concern and prayers with regards to the wildfires out here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where you really married at 12!!!!!!!!!!I am sure not.

    ReplyDelete