Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's


Don and Darla Olson


My daddy is no longer on this earthly planet, he is in the heavenlies doing what God has equipped and prepared him to do.  This is my 3rd father's day without him here and I wanted to convey to people still here that even though I feel like Father's Day is really a holiday that Hallmark came out with to help them keep their staff paid, don't go through this day without making sure you let your dad know how much he means to you.  If not your earthly father then your heavenly father or both for that matter.  My husband's blog this week touched my heart so I am going to reprint it on my blog for Father's Day.

June 11, 2012
In honor of Father's Day, this post will be about my dad.
Check out the photo.


Many years ago my daughter bought me a plaque that is now mounted above my workbench in the shed (my man cave). When I see that plaque not only does it remind me that I'm a dad, but also that I am a son. I've been told many times that I look like my dad, and that in many ways I act like my dad. I consider that to be quite a compliment. I've learned lessons from him for many years and I continue to learn from him today. Many have made sacrifices for me to be doing as well as I am, my Dad is at my house six days a week and many hours each time. He is our carpenter, mechanic, plumber, electrician, handyman, barber, K-9 disciplinarian, and basically first on the call list for anything out of the ordinary. I haven't told him near enough how much I appreciate and love him.
As a Christian I honor my Heavenly Father continually. He is at my house seven days a week, 24 hours a day. . I know that My Dad (take your pick) has my best interest at heart. He wants me to have life and enjoy it to the full. He will never leave me or forsake me.

I've had a discussion with some of my friends about how hard it is for people without a positive father figure in their life to accept the idea of a Heavenly Father. If your earthly father is not a positive influence on your life you would expect every father to feel that way about you.
At this moment, while I'm writing this, My Dad is in the shed repairing my lawnmower.
At this moment, while I'm writing this, my Heavenly Dad is watching over me, repairing my life.
I love my Two Dads.
Much love, Dennis

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. I am lucky to still have both parents, and cannot imagine a time without them. What a wonderful tribute from Dennis. I think it is all too easy to think of God as a distant figure, and yet, as Dennis said, he is with us 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice post. My father is still with us, although he lives thousands of miles away and I don't see him as often as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tribute to both all 3 fathers. Happy Fathers Day Dennis!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Father's Day Dennis, love the tribute, your Dad is an Angel and so is your Mum Cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dennis, what a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts this day with all of us.
    V

    ReplyDelete