Monday, June 11, 2012

Garden

OK, I haven't had a garden in years, but this year I had gotten rid of a flower bed and there was some space, so I put down some tomatoes and a cucumber plant. Dennis and I love both tomatoes and cucumbers so I was pretty excited. Well, now we are treating Dennis for an ulcer and he can't have either one, so now I'm SUPER excited cause they're all mine. I have treated these plants with the tenderest of care and we I had our first cucumber the other night. YUM. I also got some cherry tomatoes off of one vine. My other three big tomato vines have nothing, absolutely nothing on them. :(





This is what you get to cut up with vinegar and onions!

 

8 comments:

  1. Definition of GARDEN

    1
    a : a plot of ground where herbs, fruits, flowers, or vegetables are cultivated
    b : a rich well-cultivated region

    and what a beautiful one you have Cheri =) Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jana, I always cherish your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a green thumb you have ! You're obviously a couple of months ahead of us - I just got the warm weather seeds in (beans, corn ...). Amazing how much produce a little piece of ground will produce !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure I love your blog....and garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. And how much better they taste from your own garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is nice to eat something from your own garden. We once used to do so, but we were to busy to keep things right. The vegetables grew faster then we could eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flavour!! Homegrown has some! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fresh cukes sound great! i'd let you keep the tomatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete