Thursday, June 14, 2012

Therapy

As part of our therapy for being stuck at home more than we used to be before Dennis's accident, we sit on the deck in the evening and do our devotions.  Something is very calming about God's Word in the evening with His beautiful nature all around. ( also the squirrels!)  I  try to keep my backyard as pretty as humanly possible by a busy caregiver.  Tonight when I got home from work, I made two batches of salsa for thank you's to some special people, then I went to weight watcher, yes, I am a lifetime member and I dislike am jealous of skinny people with high metabolism.  Then I mowed our Grandma's yard and my front and back.  A caregiver's life is busy but it is also rewarding.  I would not trade being able to sit out on the deck with my husband for all the Paris's in the world. 

Luke 12:27
Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these

4 comments:

  1. I too find peace outside. Just the other day I said to my husband that we shouldn't even miss one evening in the summer sitting inside...these days are a gift...we need to enjoy them!
    PS Your squirrel photos were hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very lucky we are to be surrounded by the beauty of nature. And what a pleasant way to spend your evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to share your devotions and with your life's partner.
    Oh my Cheri, one of my best friends is ONE OF THOSE skinny people with a metabolism to bottle and can eat anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sitting outside in the evening, especially when the wind is under 50 mph. LOL

    ReplyDelete