Friday, July 20, 2012

American Pickers

My husband and I love to watch American Pickers.  For those who are not familiar with the show it's about two men from Iowa who go to various homes and places of business and pick through their stuff in barns or old storage buildings.  They are looking for treasures in all that old stuff and they have a market to sell in.  They also have a online store you can browse through.   To me that is the dream job of all jobs.  I can't think of anything more fun!  So at the place we stay at in Grove, Max the owner of Honeycreek Resort, has an old Phillips 66 sign that I am obsessed with.  I have taken a million pictures of this sign and it has been there for a long, long time.  I hope he never gets rid of it because it is a landmark of times past.  It also reminds me of many happy memories.


3 comments:

  1. I hope the sign stays there too Cheri.
    Can't believe you mentioned that show!! My daughter has been a fan for ages and introduced me to the show whilst up there on hols and tuned and watched it every week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to see links to the past like that.

    ReplyDelete