Friday, July 27, 2012

Dragon....Naturally Speaking


My husband has his own computer system that has dragon naturally speaking on it. It is a hands free device that your voice trains and it will type for you. Well, his computer is a 32 bit and he needed a 64 bit. (I am now pretending to know what I'm talking about). Anyway, Dennis has a computer guy who the DRS (Department of Rehab Services) appoints to come up and get us going. Sterling Krysler is has name and he is also in a wheelchair due to a body surfing accident 20 years ago. Sterling and his wife Lori come up from Oklahoma City to train Dennis whenever he needs training. They are the most wonderful people and they have had there ups and downs like all of us. Well, today things did not go according to plan and we have been working on the computer all day long. Talking to Microsoft, Dell and then Sterling again after he had to go back to Oklahoma City.I think we are about to get the kinks out but it puts an emotional strain on everyone involved. My husband congratulated me on not losing my cool today. (haha) I love Sterling and Lori and I am going to miss them coming up because I think DRS is about to pull the plug on their visits. :( Here are some pictures of some really inspirational people.






9 comments:

  1. Gosh you hear a lot of this - where departments pull the plug on terrific programs that really make a practical difference to people's lives. I really hope this won't be the case for you and Dennis Cheri. And I sure hope all is up and running as it should be! Back into the home-routine I suppose!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly frustrating that services like this are removed, without those responsible looking at the bigger picture. It is so nice that you have developed a good relationship with Sterling and Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Computers are always so complicated. When things work it is ok, but not, that is so frustrating. Nice you got some help, but why has the service be stopped, that is bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your computer - I think mine is starting to fade as it randomly refuses to start, but then starts fine the next time. And from a couple of posts down, your garden looks like ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate computer problems I always feel so stupid when I need to call for technical support, I just hope they don't pull the plug on helping you all with yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cool thing is Sterling can get on our computer from his house. The bad thing is I don't think he gets any more visits and we haven't got the doors working yet. We'll see.

      Delete
  6. We all often need a lot of patience to install computer's softwares...
    ;-)
    Best regards from Paris,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Computer problems are always a pain but the extra stress it must cause in Dennis's situation must be extra hard loosing any support that he has.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly they're the bane of our lives, but we've become dependent on them to communicate with the world, well done you Cheri for keeping your cool, I find that really hard to do when it comes to technical problems.

    ReplyDelete