Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Feast!

Our friend Blake brought his wok to Grand Lake. It is hooked up just like a gas grill and he made us the best fajitas EVER! We had steak, chicken, and shrimp with yellow peppers, onions, red peppers and cajun seasoning. His wife Bethaney made the best guacamole and salsa. It was My husbands highlight of the trip.



This is the guacamole recipe and I love my guacamole but this was awesome!!

Avacado Salsa
1 firm avacado, chopped - not smushed
1 tomato, chopped
3 green onions
1 small can chopped black olives
1 small can chopped green chilies
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 T olive oil
1 T apple cider vinegar
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Refrigerate several hours or overnight
Additional Notes
This is a mild dip. Add one or more chopped jalapenos for more kick.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a most wonderful feast. Just got caught up with your posts on going out to the cabin - so glad to see you went, and it looks like you had a great time (despite the stress before you left). Great scenic shots (I take some too when driving - very carefully).

    Have a great week Cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My it does look tasty.
    I like the individual boat docks and I guess the fan was to keep Dennis cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks a treat! I cannot link to the recipe, and I love guacamole, so would like to!!

    ReplyDelete