Sunday, July 15, 2012

The North Sea

For my Vintage Weekly post I chose the North Sea photos, I think I had a kodak something or other!

Nothing could get me prepared to visit the North Sea. I had been to the ocean before, the calm and peaceful and very blue ocean. I had never seen an ocean with wind and waves like the North Sea. Plus it was cold. We had been in the south of France with 95 degree weather and we got to Holland and it wasn't 95!


  My friend Sharie is showing you the "beach", it is made up of seashells.

It was a truly beautiful and fierce sea and I will never forget the waves on that coastline!

8 comments:

  1. It's completely different from the white sandy beaches in Australia, but beautiful in it's own way.
    p.s. your little brother will love Sydney, I was speaking with my son this morning in Sydney and he said the weather was sunny and quite mild for the middle of winter. Of course I think your son would have loved Perth also haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The North Sea can be very stormy. A place to swim when it is not and one gets used to the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots and great memories. I lived in Holland near the North Sea for 10 years, and it could absolutely be a fierce sea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white sand beaches, but I would love to see a seashell beach as well, one can never see too many beaches, esp. when we live in OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri, are you on Facebook? I'm sharing stories of other couples with SCI this week, and I want to share your blog. The best way to keep up with the other wives, I've found, is Facebook. Let me know if you are on there. You can friend request me: Dana Brown Ritter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes our beaches are rather different from others. The winds are always blowing and there is not so much sun. But we are used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharie looks like she was frozen to the core!

    ReplyDelete