Sunday, July 1, 2012

Van Gogh



For my vintage weekly post :

When we visited Arles, France we had a chance to learn some things about Van Gogh.  This is the famous painting  Café Terrace on the Place du Forum, Arles, at Night,
We sat across from that exact spot, in the middle of the square, and ate the best meal I had eaten in all of France.  I truly loved Arles, it was so full of history and so beautiful with it's cobblestone streets. 
More about Arles in the next vintage weekly post.....................................

Linking with " vintage weekly"

6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. I like the way they have kept it the same colour, it would be disappointing if they changed something so iconic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so neat to see it in picture and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a troubled soul he was, its nice that you got to be in the same place centuries later. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor old Vincent he was quite mad and died so young, such a loss to the artistic world, by my, didn't he leave some incredible artistic legacies for the world to enjoy for evermore.
    Lovely, lovely post Cheri.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this picture in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete