Friday, July 6, 2012

Going!

Well, we are busy packing as we are headed off to the lake with great friends.  If you are a caregiver you know what it is like to pack for both people.  If you are a caregiver to someone with an injury like my husbands it is a huge undertaking to pack equipment, supplies, medicines, and anything else you can remember.  My house looks like a tornado hit it. 


This week we feel like the devil has been attacking us from all sides.  Dennis had a bacteria that was causing ulcers on his stomach lining.  He has been taking a cocktail of antibiotics and hopefully that will take care of his stomach problems.  Then he had a UTI which is pretty comman for quadrelplegics, but this one was a different strain and could take on some effects like mrsa.  So I got to learn how to inject this medicine and we get to take it with us.

Needless to say, this week has been pretty stressful for me and I had my usual melt down on Thursday night when my daughter called.  But, after the floodgates opened I felt a whole lot better and we know God is there guiding us, so we will have a wonderful and relaxing time.  (pray) :)
I'm hoping our wifi is better than last year so I will get to post some of the time we are there.  If not, see ya next week!  Much love, Cheri

13 comments:

  1. My mom says tears help wash the slate clear. All stresses washed away and it's good for the soul.

    I can completely understand the packing thing. I pack in groups. Bladder, bowel, meds, just in case, pad off pillows, clothes, and the list goes on. Never fails something is usually forgotten.

    Praying all bacteria is gone soon! We understand different strands of UTI. Colin grew ecoli once!

    Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, it's nice to know someone understands the complications we have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cheri, a prayer for a memorable time at the lake for you and Dennis. I pray it will be all things happy and positive.
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you both have a GREAT time and it's refreshing for both of you! :) Look forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you both have a wonderful time, and that Dennis' infections are soon on the wane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an undertaking Cheri. I admire you greatly and am sure that your 'meltdown' as you call it was absolutely necessary to relieve some of the tension.

    I do hope and PRAY that you will be able to have a good time away and come back refreshed or as refreshed as one can be in the circumstances.

    Also pray that the current infections that Dennis has will heal quickly and not interfere with your time away. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hoping both of you have a GREAT time, laugh much, relax often and simply put .....enjoy yourselves. I don't understand all of what it takes to get ready, but I do hope Dennis feels better and you get a nice break with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes a complete meltdown is needed. Sometimes it's a little thing that pushes you over the edge, sometimes it's a big thing. Either way, being pushed over the edge is actually a good thing because it forces us to rely on the Lord for strength when ours runs out!

    I make three lists when we pack to go anywhere.
    1. Dana
    2. Michael
    3. Three

    (Three is the nickname I have for Michael's disability and all of the stuff that it requires - medical supplies, cushion for the car, his special coffee mug, etc.)

    I have long felt like the disability is a third person in our marriage, so I call it "Three." Sometimes when I am mad because of our circumstances, I am able to make sure I direct my anger at Three instead of at Michael. It helps.

    I hope Dennis heals quickly, and I hope you are able to truly enjoy yourselves on this trip. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all for the encouraging words to Cheri. My wife is doing the work of small nursing staff, in addition to a full job. She is an amazing woman. I'm sure that her ability to do what she does, is described in Philippians 4:13
    I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST, WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure have had a hard week Cheri, I'm glad you had a good bubble personally I think it's never a good thing to keep things bottled up. I hope Dennis and yourself have a wonderful week, you both certainly deserve to have some relaxing time. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is going to be the best one yet! I just know it...can't wait...YAHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...that's a lot of stuff, but how wonderful to get away. I will pray for you...for health, for safety, for a relaxing and refreshing time too. Hoping it rains AFTER your vacation! (o:

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son, Jason, a quadriplegic for almost 7 years now, recently started using Renacidin to attempt to control sediment build-up in his suprapubic cathether. I didn't know it was also used as treatment for a UTI.

    ReplyDelete