Thursday, August 9, 2012

Deacon and Toby...the best medicine

A lot of people don't get people who love animals.  Some of my best friends don't love animals and they have very patiently tolerated all of my animals through the years.  But, I can tell you that as a caregiver they are the best possible medicine for me.  When I get home they are jumping for joy with all the unconditional love only an animal can have.  When I am crying they are right there in my face trying to lick my tears.  When I am happy, they are happy. When I am lonely they are my company. I will tell you that my dogs are as spoiled as dogs can get and they are very jealous of each other. One is a poodle and one is a schnauzer and they don't mix well ......during the day. But when it's night, night time they are two big teddy bears and all of their dislike for one another goes out the door.




LOVE.MY.DOGS.!!!

13 comments:

  1. Yes, they look like two very spoiled dogs. I know another pair like that, who are stretched out on the sofas as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lord!!!! They are so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dogs also keep secrets good. My dad has told me that he would have to shoot his dog if he could talk because he has told him many a secret out on the ditch banks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't put that the best but you get my point.

      Delete
  4. Oooh the are so adorable I want to scoop them up and hug and squeeze them, and I wouldn't care a jot about the dog hair. Ah but poodles don't actually shed do they? Not sure about the other cutie. If neither shed, then you are just the lucky one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose my baby deacon is a black schnauzer and they have some poodle in them so they don't shed either. He is my big baby!!!

      Delete
  5. I still miss my sweet dog, Buster, that passed away this spring. Such wonderful companions. Bugsy is snoring on my lap while i write this...cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand, Cheri!! I love my Sissy Cat, and all the kitties I've had through the years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really understand how people can not like animals..I am allowed to live with 3 cats and they allow the dog to live there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I am one of the people the does get you and how you feel about your dogs. Chacha is my life! She makes my day when other wise things could be boring or sad; she makes me laugh and also makes me get up every morning when sometimes I just don't see the point. I love her! Congratulations on having 2 special treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are adorable. I love my dog too, he's snuggling with me while I write this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must admit that we don't have a dog, but I do see your point :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What adorable shots Cheri, yes I agree there is no better companion (well you know what I mean) that a four legged pal. I cannot even begin to understand how people can treat them so badly sometimes, they're just so innocent and loving.

    ReplyDelete