Thursday, August 16, 2012

Our lake is dryin' up!

Dennis wanted tp get out of the house last weekend and our daughter Whitney was here visiting so we drove her to the lake.  When I say the lake I mean Canton Lake, to us who live here it has always been "the Lake".  She hasn't seen it since we have had this horrible drought and also they are working on the dam .  You can walk a long ways to get to water and then a long ways to get in deep water.  It's so sad but hopefully some rain will come soon.




This is the spot my husband and I met, 32 years ago!

8 comments:

  1. I kept looking for a "Like" button on the "This is the spot..." picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is bad that the lake is vanishing. I must going to rain some time, it can't going on for ever so. Wish I could send you some of ours, we have enough, last night we had dinner in a restaurant outside, but had to run with our plate inside, because it started to rain again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with the drought the pictures are still beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a poignant spot for you and Dennis! It really sounds very serious with the lack of serious rain in the right area to fill the dam. Praying for it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite the drought it looks like a wonderful lake. And what a great place to meet somebody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get rain soon. Many of our reservoirs looked like this last year but this year we have4 had more rain than ever for the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I haven't been out there this summer....it looks all dried up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is dried up! I hope the rain comes soon. A lovely spot for you and Dennis to return to though.

    ReplyDelete