Monday, September 3, 2012

3 day weekend

On Sunday Dennis told me he needed a road trip.  He is home all week while I'm at work and he doesn't appreciate the long weekend like I do.  That is one of the things you have to give and take on in our situation.  So I told him I would jump in the shower and he would decide where we are going.
He decided that we would drive to Oakwood, Ok, the birthplace of my mom and most of her family.  So, on the way there we couldn't get over the beauty of the wind turbans on the countryside.  They are truly amazing and I was surprised how many there were.
 
We were right underneath this one and it still doesn't convey how huge these things are!
I loved this picture, a kind of old and new.
 
Much love, Cheri

9 comments:

  1. They have a lot of these in Cornwall, in the south-west of England. I always think they look quite majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wind turbines are huge, I've seen a few in our part of the country. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a good drive to blow out the cobwebs! I hope people click on that last one to appreciate its full impact - it's sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mother thinks they look like 3 legged ballerinas!!! that's my mom for ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri, all the pics are great, but the last one is an awesome comparison of then and now, wow, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the last 2 and yes they are huge

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last one is great!Love the blue blue skies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Generally here they are seen as a blot on the landscape. We have lots out on the Thames Estuary locally where they do not look so invasive.

    ReplyDelete