Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vintage Weekly

I am doing something different for my Vintage Weekly post this week.  I was going through some old photos of my moms and I always love to see the fashions of the 50's.  I decided to post the formal wear of each of our generations.  First my mom.  I wanted a prom pictured but she doesn't have one so I settled for her in the homecoming court of Del City High School.  This was around 1956-57.
Next is mine taken in 1975 and it's the most blah.  Our theme was "Over the rainbow" .
Next is my daughter taken in 2003.  I think she is beautiful in this photo.
It is fun to see how the styles have changed and I still love my mom's picture best.  I wish it was in color because I would love to see all the colors of the dresses.  Much love, Cheri
 


 

12 comments:

  1. There was something very elegant about the fashions of the fifties, you mother looks very beautiful. Your daughter also looks very sophisticated, but Cheri, it has to be said, the 1970's fashions were a disaster! (I'm allowed to say this because I wore them too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tracey, there was nothing elegant about the prom dresses back in our day!

      Delete
  2. Great post, three generations of the women in your family. It's fascinating to see how the fashions have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea for Vintage Weekly Cheri - 3 generations and WOW to all three beauties. Never mind, we 'thought' our fashions were just gorgeous in the 70's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some nice shots, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting how fashions have so changed. I like the 50's one as that was my era!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so fun to see the old photos.You always think you are dressed to the best but 30 years on you can't imagine you ever liked the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three beautiful young ladies, Cheri! Love this way to show the different generations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful and interesting photos, Cheri, many thanks for sharing so a nice part of your family life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, I love your mom's ....elegant. I know what you mean about our era, maybe in time we will look elegant.....NOT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh...did everyone our age sit in that white iron chair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, I think all three are beautiful. Fun to see the changing times.

    ReplyDelete