Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall

The first little glimpses of fall are starting to show up in our neck of the woods.  Mainly all the leaves in my yard but there are some other clues here and there.  We have an Autumn Blaze Maple tree in our front yard and it has a couple of leaves that have turned.

So I thought I would haul out my fall decorations and enjoy them for a couple of months before the Christmas season.  Front porch gets decorated first.


Then I thought I would try something I saw on pinterest and make a candy corn vase.  You take a plain glass vase and spray paint it white twice, and then orange in the middle and then yellow at the bottom. 
I love Fall and all the colors of the trees and bushes, that is one good thing about living in Oklahoma we get all four seasons and get to enjoy each one. Much love, Cheri
 

10 comments:

  1. Definitely a hint of autumn in your tree ! Should be quite something when all the leaves turn. Our color is nearing its peak - I will need to get out again before it's gone for another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vase looks good. I love the autumn colours, especially when you get one of those sunny days that makes everything appear more vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noone here does that quaint tradition of fall decorating - I think it's lovely. Maybe I could start something here, even though we don't have much colour during fall. Everything falls, but lacks colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos, funny the single red leaf in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations and the painted vase...you are giving me ideas, that may not be a good thing LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for someone who has 11 tubs of Fall decorations!

      Delete
  6. What a great porch. Colours just beginning here too. We only decorate for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, you should start a new tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the your pictures of the leaves! My favorite season is also Fall. I am enjoying it very much. Where is your house?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos, I also love fall too, but we're going into winter this weekend, as we may not get above freezing on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete