Saturday, November 24, 2012

5 things I do not like about the Christmas season!






Don't get me wrong I love this time of year.  I love the malls all done up in Christmas lights and decorations.  I love to decorate my house and I love to see everyone else's.  But their are some things that I really do not like and these are not in any particular order.  I'm sure this will make some people mad, so I'll say sorry before hand.
1.  I do not like sad, sad Christmas songs.  It is hard enough getting through this season without those we loved, and there are circumstances in everyone's life that is hard, but I don't want them singing about it on every other song.  I cry and I don't want to cry, this is a joyous time, the time we celebrate the birth of our saviour.  don't make me cry!
2.  I do not like greed in children.  I do not like it when children think this holiday is all about what the latest trend is that they will be getting or not getting.  We have raised them up that way so we have to take responsibility for it.  I don't think you can get by with saying "oh it's all about the children, NO it's about Jesus and what God sacrificed for us.
3.  Substituting the word holiday for Christmas, nothing gets me going like this does.  There WOULD NOT even be a holiday if it wasn't for the birth of Christ.
4. This one I am pointing at myself.  I am a people pleaser when it comes to my loved ones.  I have to have the perfect gift and I will stop at nothing to find it.  I don't like it and I don't like it about myself.
5. I'm pointing at myself again,  I don't like it when we get so wrapped up in everything that we don't even take the time to remember to thank God for this amazing gift.  He wrapped him up and laid him in a manger, just to hang on a cross.  For me.....

 

10 comments:

  1. Amen Sister! And Merry CHRISTmas to you and Dennis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noone could possibly be mad at this post Cheri or argue with as its all FACT - except for No. 4 where I am concerned I am hopeless, I agonise over the right gift.
    Love yours and Dennis' Christmas photo, its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you and it is a good reminder for me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially hate that christmas shoe song....that gets me everytime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree and I would add the fact that so many people close themselves away in their houses so that the lonely feel even more lonely. I love 'open houses' at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everything except number four. My only problem is now I have to find a different subject to write about on my blog. She stole my thunder.
    Tanya, I'm not much of a crier, but the Christmas shoes song makes my eyes leak also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all but #3 is a big one on my list as well. Also, just for the record, I'm sorry about her stealing your blog idea Dennis....she's good at that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good one, Cheri, and 3, 4, and 5 hit me. I never used to think anything of saying "Happy Holidays" because I meant both of them. Now it offends me when I hear or see "Happy Holidays" knowing they are avoiding saying "Merry Christmas"!

    ReplyDelete