Don't get me wrong I love this time of year. I love the malls all done up in Christmas lights and decorations. I love to decorate my house and I love to see everyone else's. But their are some things that I really do not like and these are not in any particular order. I'm sure this will make some people mad, so I'll say sorry before hand.
1. I do not like sad, sad Christmas songs. It is hard enough getting through this season without those we loved, and there are circumstances in everyone's life that is hard, but I don't want them singing about it on every other song. I cry and I don't want to cry, this is a joyous time, the time we celebrate the birth of our saviour. don't make me cry!
2. I do not like greed in children. I do not like it when children think this holiday is all about what the latest trend is that they will be getting or not getting. We have raised them up that way so we have to take responsibility for it. I don't think you can get by with saying "oh it's all about the children, NO it's about Jesus and what God sacrificed for us.
3. Substituting the word holiday for Christmas, nothing gets me going like this does. There WOULD NOT even be a holiday if it wasn't for the birth of Christ.
4. This one I am pointing at myself. I am a people pleaser when it comes to my loved ones. I have to have the perfect gift and I will stop at nothing to find it. I don't like it and I don't like it about myself.
5. I'm pointing at myself again, I don't like it when we get so wrapped up in everything that we don't even take the time to remember to thank God for this amazing gift. He wrapped him up and laid him in a manger, just to hang on a cross. For me.....