Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sentimental

I get very sentimental at Christmas. The year Dennis had his accident I was so grateful to God that we were home before Christmas and it really puts things in persecptive for me.  I still put our  same decorations that I have had for years because I don't really care what my house looks like, but I do care what it feels like to me.  I want those memories around me that have been there for a very long time.  Every ornament on my tree tells a story and has a memory.  This is the ornament I made when I was very, very young so it has to be 40 somenthing years old!  I can't believe my mom kept it all these years but I'm glad we get to enjoy it.
It is made out of an egg carton and tinsel.

These are from my little brother Scott and one is a stryofoam ball with sequins and the Santa Claus is made out of a napkin.
This one is from my daughter Whitney who just had to paint some ceramics while I was painting one day.  It is a mouse on an elephant (cause they get along at Christmas)
By the way, my daughter did go on to have some artistic ability, this is what she painted me last Christmas.
Much love, Cheri



 

6 comments:

  1. The last one tell me something !
    Best regards from France,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like getting out all the homemade ornaments from years ago. They might be getting a little tattered around the edges, but the memories they evoke are still perfect.
    Whitney is indeed talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very nice you kept all those precious christmas ornaments. Each has its own story, you are so right, the memories you have about them counts and not the beauty of a perfect Christmastree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have pumpkins that my kids painted in ceramic, one is purple and both are ones only a mom could love....and we do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful memories in these gorgeous old ornaments. Whitney IS very talented and you were going to show us even more of her works..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would not be Christmas in my book if the tree decorations did not tell a story. Although I have some modern glass balls I also have the ones of yesteryear. I always found my children liked to see the same every year.
    Your daughters painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete