Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving




I am reposting an earlier post about Thanksgiving and what I am thankful for.  A friend we had met on carepages wrote this poem for her husbands birthday and it sums up my feelings so well that I thought I would share it again.

To My Husband

Thank you for choosing to fight against fate
when the Dr. announced you were at Heaven's gate

I watched you endure months of extreme pain and sorrow
in attempts to be around for just one more tomorrow

Thank you for remaining so true to yourself
while so many circumstances jeopardized your health

I know that you think you aren't the man you used to be
but for me and the kids that's not what we see

We see such strength and courage each day
it's just that it's not in the old average way

We see someone overcome so many obstacles to live
and on top of it all you continue to give

You give of yourself
to make our lives go on

You push thru so many difficulties
and continue to press on

So thank you so much for choosing to live
our lives are so blessed by the love that you give

Never lose sight of your faith in God's plan
with hope and determination I know that you can

You can live your life to the fullest you'll see
with us by your side there isn't a thing you can't achieve

Please remember on your birthday and the upcoming year
nothing will ever matter more than having you here



                                                 Happy Thanksgiving, Cheri

6 comments:

  1. A lovely poem; I think the final line is wonderful, it puts everything into perspective.
    I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving, Cheri.
    Thank you for your kind comments about Freya, she was tickled pink by all the messages people left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely touching poem and the photo of you two is great. Have a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring and humbling Cheri, brings tears to one's eyes.
    Bless you both and a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem and I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete