Saturday, November 10, 2012

Veteran's Day

This weekend is Veteran's Day so I thought I would show you a tribute to Veteran's in my hometown of Aline, Ok.   These are the names of hometown men that served  their country and I'm not sure if it was WW I or WW II or both.  This has been on the side of this building by the Co-op since I can remember and I never gave it much thought as a little girl.  Now that I'm older and I see what a mess our country is in, I value every name up there and I wonder what they would be thinking now.

And as an added bonus we have this little mural in the front of this building.  They are names that served in the Spanish American War and the Civil War.
I hope we all remember to honor the men and women that died and served for our freedom.  Just stop and say a little prayer and thank God for these people.  Happy Veteran's Day, Cheri
 

8 comments:

  1. So many names. We owe them so much, and my heart goes out to the loved ones they left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful Cheri. Seems like a lot of men from such a small town...no matter how many wars it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not ever noticed the one for the Spanish American War. It's nice to remember them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's important to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. Like Janey I'm surprised at so many names from a small town. How their families must have grieved. Thank you for contributing to Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never ceases to amaze me that there are those who are willing to die for our country and ultimately me! Puts things in perspective and makes me eternally grateful for thier sacrifice. Thank you to the "Defenders of Our Flag"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid some of them would roll over in their graves if they knew of some of today's 'values'. A worthy tribute, Cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess your Veteran's Day is the same as our Armistice Day. The most moving part of our Rememberance service at the Royal Albert Hall is when a portion of widows and orphans file into the hall amongst all the military personnel. Even the Royals had tears in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete