Saturday, December 1, 2012

Friends on Facebook



 
A lot of people are really not supportive of Facebook and I will admit I am a Facebook addict.  But my blogger friend Dana Ritter decided she would start a group on Facebook for caregivers and their spouses.  Within 5 hours there were 60 members and right now there are 101 members.  We introduced ourselves, told our story and you don't even have to do that.  But what it does do is remind us that we are not alone in this spinal cord journey.  It gives us a sense of community and lets us talk about and help others with similar problems.  These people that have joined are inspiring and have also overcome and are still overcoming great obstacles in their lives and are trying to have a normal and joyful life in the process.  I am so thankful Dana started this group, I know I have made lifelong friends and I know that if I need support or someone to just listen I can get on Facebook and someone is there with similar problems that I have.  I would never trade my friends here but sometimes a friend  knows that sometimes you need a friend that understand the feelings you have, like if you don't want to get up and help your spouse when you are in bed or someone to understand that you want to cry sometimes for no reason . They understand because they have those same feelings  .  I will ever be grateful to Dana for starting this group and her blog is www.lovelikethislife.com if you want to check her out.  Much love, Cheri

7 comments:

  1. What a great and wonderful group has been created and the reasons are so understandable. I will for sure visit Dana.
    Your tree is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an Facebook account...
    Best regards from France,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Cheri. I'm so glad you are a part of the community. You are my sister! I look at this group, and I just am in awe of what God has done. Just a couple of years ago, I was banging down the door of Heaven, crying my eyes out, WHY LORD????? And my chief complaint to Him was that I felt so alone. Like He does, He had me wait. And obey. And now He has allowed me to see. I am so honored to have friends like you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent idea. I think you are so right that those of us with no experience of what you are going through, perhaps cannot always understand just how you are feeling.
    I think there is a lot of negative press about Facebook, but like anything you have to be careful how you use it. The Facebook friends I met up with at the end of summer are all now firm friends, and we plan to meet again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great. I find Facebook helpful in a number of situations but do have to be careful as it can become addictive and I can spend too much time on it. I cannot look for you as a friend as don't know your surname but you are welcome to find me (Rogerson) that is if you wish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree. And I don't understand Pierre's point:/

    ReplyDelete