Thursday, December 20, 2012

Mary, Did You Know?



I have always loved this Christmas song and I love this version by Mark Lowery who wrote the song. It can stir up such emotion in me when I listen to it. I always wonder about the feelings of Mary, knowing she was carrying a baby that was so special. Did God give her the revelation of what was coming and what He would go through? Did she have to live with that knowledge His entire life? When she had to watch Him suffer, did she know that it was for you and me? Or was she just a mom who loved her son and was having to watch him die in torment. 

                                Much love, Cheri

2 comments:

  1. I too love this song.....beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Possibly she knew His destiny but not the details and being human watching her son die and suffer must have been traumatic in the flesh whatever she knew in the Spirit.

    ReplyDelete