Friday, January 4, 2013

Do unto others

My husband and I got a blessing in the mail today.  It was monetary and it was anonymous.  I have stopped trying to find out who sends us gifts because 1) I never find out and 2)  it doesn't make a difference.  The reason it doesn't make a difference is because God knows.   He knows and He is blessing them right now.  We will take a portion of our blessing and try to be a blessing.  The most amazing thing about these blessings is that they always come at a time when I am almost to the point where I question God's truth about giving and we need the money for some unexpected reason.  I am trying to remember that He is faithful and it's not of my own strength but His.  He always sends a servant to help and then I am awestruck once again at His faithfulness.  Dennis and I have been studying a lot about the Law and that with the one law Jesus gave us everything would be alright.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  Thank you to whoever and may God richly bless you.   Much love, Cheri

5 comments:

  1. Oh Cheri, what a beautiful thing to happen.
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased for you and a picture of God's faithfulness.

    Always remember when God showed us we were to move to the house we live in now in 1977. At the time it was a struggle to come up with the surveyors fees. The next day the exact amount came in the post all the way from Norway from someone who had stayed with us previously saying that God had put it on their heart to do that.

    Many other times God came to the rescue but this one sticks because it was the exact amount! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. The person who gave to you will surely be blessed. To give and not to pat yourself on back.....is what God wants us to do. Happy New Year Cherie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri, your posts are a blessing and an inspiration to me. God's timing is always perfect in filling our needs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of one of my favorite verses:
    Matthew 6:4 that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

    ReplyDelete