Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Marriage

I haven't posted in a while and it seems like a lot of things have happened but not anything worth blogging about.  One thing did happen that deserves a blog post.  My daughter is officially married!
They signed the paper and turned it into the courthouse.  They have been together 5 years and they just figured it was time.  Reception/vows/party pending.  We are very glad to see them married as we are a little old fashioned and believe in the unity and covenant of marriage.  I read them Matthew 19:5,
5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[a] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”  God does not see them as two, now He sees them as one flesh and how one reacts spiritually affects the other, good or bad.  I also pointed our to Nick that when he married our daughter he became our son and will be treated as such. (good or bad) lol!           I also read Jeremiah 29:11,
 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
The message I wanted to convey here was they have to call upon God, they have to seek and pray.  God is always there and he will always listen but you have to make the first move.
Marriage is hard with God, I can't imagine my own marriage if God had not been present in it.  There are trials and temptations but you can make it through with Him.  I am praying they make God first in their life and many blessings to follow.
                                                 Much love, Cheri

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful news Cheri! Wishing Whitney and hubs a wonderful future in marriage together. The family photo is just lovely - you all look so happy and of course you all deserve much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish them much happiness together. Nick is a lucky man, not only because he is married to your beautiful daughter, but because he has fantastic in-laws too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. How like you your daughter is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Wishing the couple and parents all the joy and happiness possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations !!!
    Best regards from Paris,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete