Saturday, September 21, 2013

Road Trip to the OKC Bombing Memorial Part 1

There are no words...
I didn't really know what to expect but I didn't expect to have to hold back tears or look into faces of people I had never met and wonder why they were there at the particular time.  And the babies......
I am doing this blog in two parts and the second part only a wife of a quad would understand!  The whole day was God's grace at work.  We got lost, then we had to park and ok, this is a picture of the parking meter.  I felt like I was an idiot!
If the parking attendant isn't there you put 5.00 in the slot your car is parked in and push your money in with that key?  Really..

Then we walked to the entrance and the first thing we saw was this beautiful statue of Jesus.  It was truly moving.







Then we went across the street to the gates and the entrance.





 
 
When you go into the courtyard it is stunning!









 
 They have 9:01 on the first building and then the chairs of the people who were killed placed in position of where they were in the building at 9:02, and then on the other end you have 9:03.  Beautiful....

I will do part 2 in my next blog.  Much love, Cheri
 
 

4 comments:

  1. It is beautiful...and would have brought me to tears too.

    I have seen parking lots with this type of payment. have also witnessed vagrants trying to dig out money with a knife that wasn't pushed in far enough! Beware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the memorial : the part with th courtyard is truly stunning... What a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was amazed how moving it was to see the memorial, it made it so personal. They did a beautiful tribute to so many. Just so sad, I loved the Jesus statue, it says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful photos...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete