Monday, November 25, 2013

God



This song has become Dennis and I's anthem, these are the lyrics.

         Never Once

Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we’ve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Carried by Your constant grace
Held within Your perfect peace
Never once, no, we never walk alone

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we’ll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful


There couldn't be any truer lyrics for us than these.   We went to the infectious disease doctor on Thursday last week and the medicines that he had been on were not something that would work for this type of infection.  So... they put a pic line in and we give him shots three times a day of a very strong antibiotic and he takes one orally.  I'm not going to lie, this has kind of disrupted our pattern around here.  I have to give him his shot at 6:30 a.m,  and then home health gives him the 2:30 shot.  I give him the shot at 10:30 at night.  We have to do this for 6 weeks.  We are praying that this is going to knock this infection out and Dennis won't have to feel crummy but until then we are praying that he doesn't feel bad all through the holidays.  I hope my prayer warriors will pray in agreement  with us.  But, this is just one more testimony to the fact the God is taking us through this and He once again is guiding and directing our paths.  He has never left us and He is seeing us through this.  I don't know where we would be without Him.  On another note, we got our first dusting of snow and our squirrels came out in full force.  We have nuts buried all over the yard!


Much love, Cheri

6 comments:

  1. I love that song too! Our family will pray for Dennis and you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lyrics to that song. So powerful, and full of humility for the one in total surrender. God does have different journey's for His children, and those roads are always always full of hardships which is, unfortunately, the only way we admit to our powerlessness in every situation. Thank you for boasting in the Lord, you and Dennis' life has blessed His name. I love you Cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheri that last comment was from me. I have no idea why Greg's picture popped up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the perfect song to be yours and Dennis's anthem Cheri. Brought tears to my eyes. Prayers from across the globe for the injections to their work and, speedily. Very speedily.
    I can hardly believe its that time of year again, it just doesn't seem a year since your last lot of snow and squirrels. How time flies.
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts and prayers for your family, Cheri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I commented from my i-pad when you put this post up and I do not see it here so do not know what went wrong. I was sending prayers your way and to say I would be thinking of you. In fact today as I entered our local park where I prayer walk I immediately had a sense to spend the whole time in prayer for you as I imagined Dennis moving along in his chair with a smile on his face.

    ReplyDelete