Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

This year I am going to be selfish in what I am thankful for.  Dennis and I are thankful for both of our parents, who have sacrificed much for us.  I am very thankful for my mom, who while our community built on to our house while we were in Houston in rehab, she sold her house and downsized to move her and daddy in to their new room at our house.  My dad had three years living with us before he passed and I am so grateful for that time.  My mom took over cooking duty and staying with Dennis, since I work full time.  I give her a pass on the weekends because I do love to cook when I have the time.  This year we planned Thanksgiving and did some cooking the night before so it wasn't so much in the morning.  I woke up to the smell of coffee and turkey and I have never been more grateful to have her here.  When life overwhelms me, she talks me off of the ledge. She is a great counselor and confidante.  This year it was only us three for thanksgiving but you would have thought we were feeding an army.  We won't have to cook all weekend!  If I hadn't had a praying momma when I was younger I don't know what would have happened to me, so this Thanksgiving I am grateful that she had God and talked to Him daily on my behalf and still does.   Happy Thanksgiving, much love, Cheri

Our bountiful feast!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and what an angel your Mother is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poignant post Cheri, and your Mum is so so special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a feast worth eating for days to come. Your post made me miss my Mom. Sounds like you have a great one. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete