Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pre Christmas

I love the holiday time of cooking and baking and buying and wrapping gifts.  I have to keep myself in check about what the holiday is all about or I tend to get wrapped up in the festive part and not the Christ part.  Today we are getting ice and then it started snowing and I had made candy and cocoa and breads, when of course my sink clogs.  I know a young man who works for a plumber and he came over.  Then our friend Max stopped in so we were in good hands.   It took three times, but they finally got it going. 

I had a pot of chili on the stove so Josh got to take home chili, candy and chex mix.  These guys were life savers.  I think God puts people in your life for a reason and I am so glad he has put some of these people around us.
Like I said I had made candy and I would like to thank whoever makes this.  They made my life a lot easier!
The whole weekend it has been sleeting and now snowing.  My retro room has been very cozy.  My favorite things at Christmas are the decorations.






One thing that makes me sad this year.  I posted a few years back one of my favorite things about Christmas was seeing the candles lit at Grandma's house across the street.  This photo was from a few years back.



 This year we had to move Grandma to the nursing home and her house is now up for sale.  It makes my heart sad but it also reminds me how precious time is and to spend it wisely.
Everyone have a Blessed Christmas!  Much love, Cheri



4 comments:

  1. It is so nice to decorate the house with all the Christmas stuff, you almost had forgotten after a year, it looks very nice. Thanks for commenting my blog, I appriciate it very much. Wish you a happy Christmas.
    Greetings, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheri, I do remember well you saying how special it was to see Grandma's lights across the street. So different this year.
    Happy baking dear girl, and may you and Dennis and your family enjoy a truly blessed CHRISTmas.
    Fond wishes from across the other side of the world!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last thing one wants at Christmas. Glad it's fixed. Never heard of peppermint candy chips. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for those helpers! Your decorations look very festive. Wish we had snow. I miss my grandmother too....and my Mom

    Merry Merry Christmas! ...janey

    ReplyDelete