Friday, October 3, 2014

Vacation 2014 Part 2

We drove on to Clinton and ended up at the Route 66 Museum.  It looks really cool from the outside.


We enter into the foyer and it was also pretty neat, with a lot of old reminders of times past.




We paid out entry fee and started going through the museum.  There were some people in front of us from Finland and they were traveling Route 66 by motorcycle.  The museum was very small and it did not take us long to go through. 




But, of course before we left the town of Clinton we had to go here!

Best store ever!!!   I would not let Dennis go in this store for reasons known only to caregivers of people in power chairs!  Much love, Cheri

7 comments:

  1. And there are people who still like to travel route 66 just for fun. Someone from here cycled it not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estrella AlbarránOctober 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM

    Thank you for sharing this! I would like to visit here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had a great time! I enjoyed your comment about the antique store. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an interesting museum. I would love to drive Route 66 with lots of time to spend looking at things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would really like to see that museum. I hope you had a great time and get to have more nice trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom and I traveled on a part of route 66 and stayed in an old motel. I think it was the Bluebird Inn. Not much had been done to it since '66!! I was hoping that they had at least changed the sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheri! thanks for calling by dear girl! I have just this minute caught up with your last 3 posts, and I have to say Route 66 x 2 made me green with envy - I would love to travel by road Route 66. Great photos!
    Oh dear :) I really could imagine Dennis in that shop with his power chair!
    Wonderful posts and I'm so pleased I've (finally) caught up with you!
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete