Sunday, November 2, 2014

Unconditional love

 This has been on my heart for a long time and I decided to write down some feelings and prayers of gratefulness.  Do you ever feel like you have to accomplish something for someone to love and respect you?  Do you feel like you're not living up to the measure that your family and friends have set for you?  I hate that feeling and I hate it when I know people feel like that. My mom has always loved me unconditionally and I am sure it has to do with what she went through in her life time.  I hope I set the same example for my daughter.  If you feel that you are not living up to the worthiness of someone then I have good news!  That is God; our Father does not feel that way.  He loves us unconditionally and nothing we can do or say will change that.  You don't have to live up to His expectation, but because we love Him we usually want to try.  It doesn't have to do with grades, jobs, lifestyles, or money, it has to do with Him loving us and then we giving our love back to Him.  No conditions.  It is great to set goals for ourselves and achieve those goals, but we are all going to fall short and we should love people in the midst of those hard times.  My husband, Dennis, gets up every morning to take on a world that most people would throw in the towel on.  If he has a successful day, great!  If he has an unsuccessful day do I love him any less?  NO!  The same goes with our children, family, friends and everyone else.  We love them unconditionally or we should, just as God loves us. Christmas is coming and I always get a little overwhelmed and caught up in the season.  I have to always remind myself what the season is for and take a step back and remember what God did for me.  He put His only son on a cross, had Him beaten and then drove nails in his hands, so I could have eternal life.  Such unconditional love.  Take this season to reach to someone who is disconnected or hurting.  Show them unconditional love.  This season always makes me a little sad because of all the lonely people out there.  Go to the nursing home and just visit with someone for 10 minutes, you will be so glad you did.

On another note, I have one accomplishment.  I got a picture that I took on a road trip with Dennis one day, published in the Oklahoma Bankers Assoc. yearly calendar.  I'm not sure why they chose this picture, out of all the pictures I sent, but they did.  I took the picture but God made the landscape and colors.   Much love, Cheri







5 comments:

  1. Love this post! And how cool about the photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the photo Cheri! As the kids say - "cool"!
    What a poignant and beautifully written post. It's given me food for thought today, thanks Cheri
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to be reminded. Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cheri. Your blog entry is my devotional this morning, Just what I needed to hear! Bless you and Dennis for your courageous daily walk that inspires us all. Velda

    ReplyDelete