Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I have friends in high places!

Well, you all know the journey we have been through since the week of Christmas, but what you all don’t know is how bad it really was.  Saturday night when we finally called the ambulance to come and get Dennis it was bad.  When you have SCI by the time you know it’s bad, it’s beyond bad.  He was full of toxins and went unresponsive in the E.R. at Fairview.  We transported him on to Enid, and honestly if I didn’t have two of the best friends God could send someone, I wouldn’t have made it.  I was still sick so Max rode with Dennis to Enid and Debbie drove me.  We may have got stopped speeding and we might have turned on some tears, but we had a very lovely police officer who took pity on us,  You know you have great friends when they spend their Saturday sitting with you at two E.R.'s and get home about 2:30 in the morning.  After we brought Dennis home he was still touch and go and Max came by almost every day to check on him. I don’t think I have ever lost it like I did this time.  I let fear grip me like never before and I am so glad I have a mother and a pastor who I can talk to and who have the Godly wisdom to counsel and direct me.   I know I have said this a thousand times but we have great friends.  It’s not by accident, it’s a God thing.  He put them in our lives and we are forever grateful.  Here are a couple of photos of some friends doing friend things!
                                             They go to Cleveland Ohio with you!
                                    They find some way to get you to the dock to enjoy the day!
                                                              They take you on boat rides!
                                              They push you up a steep hill!
                                                  They take you shopping and act silly!
                     They take you shopping and make you carry all their stuff cause they buy too much!                                                             
The have great parties


 They also fix are electronics, trim our trees, come take our dishwasher out and so on and so on.  God blessed us with these people.  Much love, Cheri

8 comments:

  1. You have great friends because your a great friend right back! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed surrounded by such great friends who help you whenever they can. Keep going.
    Greetings, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. BFF because you are so loyal and always there for others, love ya despite your bad sense of humor and sarcasm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessed indeed and nobody is judging you or condemning you Cherie so don't do that to yourself. God knew from before time who the right wife was for Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless the wonderful friends and I'm so sorry to learn that things were so terribly bad Cheri. I trust things are on the up now.
    May 2015 hold many good things for you and Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless the wonderful friends and I'm so sorry to learn that things were so terribly bad Cheri. I trust things are on the up now.
    May 2015 hold many good things for you and Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear! You are one strong person...and deserve to be free to lose it once in awhile. Sounds like your wonderful friends have become more like family. Hoping for brighter days ahead for you! janey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good friends are worth their weight in gold. I'm glad Dennis is doing so much better.

    ReplyDelete