Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sickness, Christmas and the ICU

Two days before Christmas Eve I got the flu.  Bad.  Somehow I managed to host Christmas Eve and we had a great time.  Christmas Day came and still going getting a little better every day.  Saturday after Christmas my husband Dennis started feeling bad and by that evening we were in the E.R and he was unresponsive.  He had a bowel obstruction and it was bad.  After spending 3 days in the ICU with no sleep he was getting a little crazy.  He looked at me that day and said, "get me home".  He was discharged and we made our way home with a little pneumonia in one lung.  Well, that was enough to keep his oxygen stats down and it has been a struggle.  Last night I think we had break through and we are going to start our climb back up.  So I am leaving 2014 behind and looking for the new start to 2015!
                                Much love and God Bless!!  Cheri


3 comments:

  1. Cheri, prayers going up for you and Dennis for healing and strength to deal with the health issues. I pray that Dennis gets stronger each day and his oxygen levels come up, Our God is a god of miracles and hope, and He will see you through! Love, Velda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Cheri and praying for you both. A Very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How on earth did I miss this post?? It can't have come through on my Reader. How sorry I am to learn of these latest struggles dear Cheri - but thanks be that things are at least on the up. Bring on 2015 for you both.
    One step at a time, a breakthrough and God's blessings - you're on a winner.
    And Cheri, thank you dear lady for your lovely comments - I will never ever forget that you were my very very first blog friend.
    New Year blessings dear Cheri.
    x

    ReplyDelete